The Lakewood View

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Chassidic Story (#12) - Breslov.org

A Chassidic Story (#12) - Breslov.org: " Baal Shem Tov said he wanted to eat. After breakfast, he called to Reb Yaakov Yosef to come talk with, in private. “You should know, that Heaven revealed to me that in the nearby villages are two melamdim [Hebrew day-school teachers] who have a share in the sparks I need to fix. Heaven has arranged it that they should think they are sick. They will come to me to be healed.

“Have your servant wait by the city gate. When they arrive, he should bring them to you. Have pity on them and show them no honor whatsoever. Don’t even offer them anything to eat. Promise them that you’ll speak to me on their behalf, asking me to cure them.

“Convince them to go to the mikveh. Because they think they’re sick they won’t want to go. Tell them I like it when people come to me freshly purified from immersing in the mikveh. Because they’re poor, lend them proper clothes for Shabbos. Have them eat on Shabbos at some local house-holders, not with you."

'via Blog this'

No comments: